Can you believe it’s December already? It feels like I just put last year’s decorations away and now it’s time to dig them all out again! But that’s ok by me, I love decorating for Christmas!
To kick off the Christmas season and get us in the mood to decorate, I set up a little Rustic Christmas Party (more like a dessert table) for the kids to enjoy after our belated Thanksgiving feast.
I have always loved the rustic cabin look for Christmas. Our first Christmas tree 18 years ago was decorated in plaid ribbon. When we “happened” to stop by Michaels on the way back from our vacation last week and I saw all the latest burlap and plaid decorations, I shouted out with glee! (Ok, I didn’t really shout but I did squeal a little.) Needless to say, I just couldn’t pass up the awesome sale so I snatched up some rustic party decor at 60% off!
Starting with some burlap and a burlap runner I set the tables with trees, candles, garland and pine cones.
For the backdrop, I simply hung some artwork on my wall.
I immediately fell in love with this wooden sign, I love the old truck! And if you know me, you know I love anything chalkboard!
Who says outdoor decor has to stay outdoors? I set up my lighted rattan buck in front of the table, isn’t he cute? I picked him up last year on clearance.
Of course I had to have mason jars! So with a little bit of plaid ribbon, a kraft gift tag and a mini clothespin, we were ready for some hot apple cider!
I baked cinnamon cupcake “trees” and served them on my wooden cake stands.
I added a little bit of twine and a decorated clothespin to red mini milk cartons. I filled them with salt water taffy, my son’s favorite candy.
I filled kraft cookie boxes with our favorite store bought cookies and filled hand stamped muslin bags with buttermints.
I served popcorn in red strawberry cartons and added a few tags and clothespins.
The tags I made for the Sizzix blog matched perfectly! See my full tutorial HERE.
And that’s it! A cozy little dessert table perfect for hot cocoa, apple cider and treats!
Bring on the eggnog and queue the carolers, we’re ready for Christmas!
Are you decorating in plaids and burlap this year? I’d love to hear from you!
Thank you for visiting!
Styling, Photograph and crafting – Michelle’s Party Plan-It
Rustic trees, muslin bags, milk cartons, cookie boxes, tags, straws, sign, ribbon, twine, clothespins, pine cones, strawberry baskets, burlap runner, bells, tray and candles – Michaels
Rattan Buck and ball garland – Target
Cake Stands – HomeGoods
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!