Do you love football or know someone who is the ultimate Football fan? I grew up surrounded by Football and ever since I was little, I loved watching football with my Dad. Nothing reminds me more of him than a good old fashioned football themed party.
Last season, in collaboration with Sizzix, I created a Vintage Football Party. With the Big Game coming up next month, I’m excited to be sharing the details with you today!
Disclosure: I received select Sizzix products free of charge and/or compensation. This post includes affiliate links. My designs, experiences and opinions are 100% my own.
How to Plan a Vintage Football Party with the Sizzix Big Shot Plus
When planning a party, I always like to start with a backdrop. To set the tone, you’ll want to create a backdrop for your table. You can do this easily by simply collecting items you have around the house and re-purposing them for your backdrop. I set up my rustic chalkboard and football sign and added a banner that I made with my Sizzix Big Shot Plus and the Banners Framelits Plus Die Set. I made the banner using football themed scrapbook paper and twine. Once I die cut the banner, I punched two holes in each panel and threaded some twine for hanging. I then hung it in an angle across the chalkboard, securing it with tape. Super simple!
Your table should have a focal point. A cake or several cupcakes on a cake stand make the perfect centerpiece. I whipped up a chocolate cake and added a TEAM banner for my cake topper. Cake toppers are easy with Sizzix and they can be made for any theme just by using themed paper. For my cake topper, I used the Pennants Bigz Die and added the letters using the Alphanumeric Thinlits by Tim Holtz. After adhering the letters to the pennants, I hot glued the pennants to some twine and tied it to two paper straws. It’s really that easy!
Add a little detail to your glasses with a straw and pennant banner! I created hand stamped pennants with the Varsity Champs Framelits and Stamps Set.
Don’t forget the sweets! Dress up some cupcakes with fondant or chocolate covered cookies. Just place them in referee striped cupcake liners to carry on the theme.
I prefer individual desserts for parties, they are easier to serve and just look cute! I made some chocolate pudding parfaits with pudding and whipped cream and added a mini football for fun!
Your team is #1 so why not display your treats in a large #1?
Dress up more cupcakes with themed toppers. Paper Leather Sheets are perfect for football themed parties. These were a cinch to die cut with the Sports Balls Bigz die and to add the real feel of the old pig skin, I embossed them with the Dot #7 embossing folder. I them rubbed a little bit of ink to age them and hand-painted the football stitches with white paint.
You can’t have a football without some football plays! These little clipboards are perfect for party favor tags or simply as decor as shown here. I made these in a flash using the Clipboard Thinlits Die Set, kraft paper, black and silver paper and a little chalk. After I die cut and assembled each element, I simply wrote a little football play with chalk. Aren’t they cute?
Popcorn is a “must have” for any football game. You can add some texture to store bought popcorn boxes easily by placing the un-assembled box in an embossing folder and running it through the Big Shot Plus. I embossed these gold popcorn boxes using the Dots #7 Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
And that’s it! Simple and easy Football party ideas with big impact! How will you be celebrating the playoffs and the Super Bowl? I’d love to hear your ideas!
Many of these ideas are perfect for any birthday celebration and even Father’s Day. Just have fun with it!
Thank you for stopping by and God Bless!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!