Do you celebrate Mardi Gras? It’s just around the corner so it’s time to start thinking about your celebration plans! Living in Southern California, we don’t see very many Mardi Gras celebrations, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have a festive Kid Friendly mini party! I’m excited to share how you can dress up a bar cart with fun decorations for the holiday as part of my Bar Cart series.
Disclosure: As an OTC blogger, I received products free of charge included in this post. All opinions are my own.
Let’s get started!
Mardi Gras Celebration – A Kid Friendly Bar Cart
Last December I purchased this fun Gold Bar Cart from World Market; which is perfect for small celebrations. So I thought it would be fun to add a Kid Friendly Bar Cart Series to the blog for smaller holiday celebrations. I kicked it off with my New Year’s Eve Bar Cart post and now we’re moving on to Mardi Gras!
I started the decorating with my signature backdrop of tulle and Gold Circles. I just love these Gold Circles from Oriental Trading. I first used them in the Drink Up Witches Halloween Party I hosted for my girlfriends and again in my New Year’s Eve set up, so don’t be surprised if they show up in other posts!
Next, I added a large Fleur De Lis Mylar Balloon as my focal point.
For my dummy cake (which was for decor purposes only), I added Colorful Mardi Gras Coins and placed Mardi Gras Party Beads along the base of the cake. For my cake topper, I used one of the fun Mardi Gras Stick Costume Photo Stick Props.
I filled my CHEERS beverage dispenser (also from World Market) with Apple Juice and added a few more beads around the base.
For snacks, I filled Mardi Gras Snack Cups with my boy’s favorite white cheddar popcorn.
I also added a couple of bottles of Sparkling Apple Cider (for the hubby and I) and a decorative Fleur Di Lis.
For dessert, I topped chocolate cupcakes with coordinating Cupcake Liners and Picks.
I also added a fun Preservation Hall Trumpet Player Cardboard Stand Up. My middle son and husband are trumpet players, so they loved it!
And that’s it! A quick, easy and Kid Friendly Bar Cart for a fun Mardi Gras Celebration!
Be sure to come back for more ideas!
Pin for Later!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!