Want to make your own unique Party Favor Bags? Then you’ve come to the right place! This week’s Whip It Up Wednesday is all about gift giving. Everyone knows it’s better to give than to receive and with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, it’s perfect timing.
I’m excited to share another project I created a while back for Sizzix featuring the Big Shot Plus, so let’s get started with a little handmade love!
Let’s get started!
Embossed Party Favor Bags – Whip It Up Wednesday
Speaking of LOVE, oh my goodness! What is there not to love about the Big Shot Plus? The color, the size and the sturdiness, I can go on and on! From the minute you unpack your Big Shot Plus you will be oohing and ahhing. I know I was! I love the white and grey, it’s the perfect color palette to compliment any craft room and a clean slate to add your own little flair with vinyl. (Head on over to my tutorial to see how I embellished my Big Shot Plus with Sizzix dies and vinyl. (affiliate links below)
Let me take a minute to remind you about the work space, it’s massive! This larger work space allows you to use larger paper, make larger projects and die cut several dies (of the same kind) at the same time! Just look at it, imagine all the wafer thin dies you can cut at once? What a time saver!
Now, let’s talk about the dies and embossing folders made for the Big Shot Plus. This adorable Bigz Plus Tall Bag with Scallop Flap can be cut in one pass! There are so many new dies coming being released soon, can’t wait to share them with you!
Ok, now we need to step back and marvel at the size of the new embossing folders, talk about an upgrade! Here is a side by side comparison of the standard sized embossing folders and the new beefed up Textured Impressions Plus. Need I say more? I love love love everything about these, the possibilities are truly endless!
Ok, now let’s move on to the tutorial…
Starting with the Botanical Swirls Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, place your paper inside the folder then create a sandwich. The sandwich consists of the Platform, Cutting Pad, Embossing Folder then a second Cutting Pad. Next, pass it through the Big Shot Plus by turning the handle.
Here is a close up of the wonderful detail. I chose a thick white core card stock so I could get a lightly distressed look easily.
Next, Place your paper on the Bigz Plus die, right side down and sandwich the paper and die between two Cutting Pads. Then pass it through the Big Shot Plus. If you have one, a Plus Premium Crease Pad is recommended instead of the second cutting pad.
Now you have a perfectly cut party favor box! Just assemble and adhere the box according to the instructions found HERE.
For a closure, I punched two holes through the top of the bag and added some paper ribbon. But you could add a sticker or just one hole punch for a closure, it’s all up to you!
Then for a final touch, I added a gift tag with my personalized stamp from Expressionery designed by Ellison Education Designer Laura Kelly! (And yes, you can use the Ellison Educational Equipment Bigz and AllStar dies in the Big Shot Plus too!)
And there you have it! A super easy Party Favor or Treat Box, perfect for any occasion and best of all you can make dozens in no time at all! Let’s spread the love with these easy, customizable Party Favor Bags!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!