Are you planning a family trip to San Francisco soon? Looking for some fun day trip activities? We recently spent a couple of days in the Bay Area and I’m excited to share our favorite spots for family fun!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchases from my links, with absolutely no extra charge to you! 🙂
5 Family Friendly Activities in San Francisco
Tour Fort Point
Fort Point is one of our favorite places to visit while in San Francisco. Filled with military artifacts, history and gorgeous views of the bay and The Golden Gate Bridge, this free National Historic Site is great for the whole family! The Fort is open Friday through Sunday from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Venture on a Bay Cruise
Everyone should go on a Bay Cruise at least once! Travel under the Golden Gate and around Alcatraz all while listening to the history of the area. Chances are you will see several sea lions on the docks and in the water! Be sure to take a coat, it gets very chilly on the Bay.
Visit Pier 39
There is so much to do and see at the famous Pier 39. Lots of choices for lunch, dinner, shopping and entertainment. And don’t forget dessert! Our family favorite is a bucket of Trish’s Mini Donuts. So delish!
View The Golden Gate Bridge
Of course you can’t visit San Francisco without visiting the Golden Gate Bridge. With several view points on both sides of the bridge plus Baker Beach, Crissy Field and the Golden Gate Overlook you are sure to get a great photo with the family.
Visit the It’s It Factory Shop
Although technically not located in San Francisco, the It’s It Factory Shop is a great place to visit for a trip down memory lane. Located in Burlingame, this little shop features several varieties of San Francisco’s favorite ice cream tradition. Factory Shop Hours are Monday-Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
And that’s it! Five fun family friendly activities in San Francisco!
I hope you are inspired to take a trip to San Francisco soon! My friends over at Get Away Today have great deals on San Francisco travel!
Check out my other Travel Tips!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!