Do you have your tree up yet? I’m still setting up some decorations, but that hasn’t stopped me from getting some gifts wrapped!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DecoArt. As always all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
I decided to create my own wrapping paper with the help of DecoArt Americana paint and my Sizzix Big Shot to coordinate with my tree. I’m loving how it came out and I’m excited to share how you can make your own too!
Easy Hand Painted Wrapping Paper
What you will need:
Bigz Die – I used my Reindeer Die
Bow, Trimmings, etc.
Start by creating a Sizzix sandwich. The sandwich for using a Bigz die is a cutting pad, die, mat board and a second cutting pad. Place the sandwich in the Big Shot and turn the handle to make a die cut stencil.
Place the stencil on the paper and apply paint with a brush. I wanted a rough rustic look so I didn’t worry about crisp edges and I rubbed the brush in the stencil to give it a faded look.
Repeat to create a pattern. You can even add some Christmas balls from the antlers with red and green paint!
Now all you have to do is wrap your gift, add a coordinating bow and trimmings! The rustic theme has always been my favorite for Christmas decor and I just love all the buffalo check right now!
Wasn’t that easy? I can’t wait to wrap the rest of my gifts, they’re going to look perfect under the tree.
What do you think? I’d love to hear from you!
Check out my other Christmas Craft Ideas!
PIN FOR LATER!
- Cricut Printable Sticker Paper Comparison
- How to Apply Sublimation to Faux Leather
- PYD Life 2 in 1 Tumbler Press Review
- Retro Snack Bar Trunk or Treat Idea
- How to Plan the Ultimate Fall Football Party
- Budget Friendly Superhero Party Ideas with Hobby Lobby
- Celebrate the New Year with a Paint and Sip Craft Night
- It’s a Thomas & Friends ™ Birthday Party with Evite #BirthdayChallenge