Did you ever make paper chain party decor in grade school for Christmas? I remember making some for my Christmas tree with my Mom when I was about 6 years old, along with popcorn string and cranberry garland. Ahhh, the sweet memories! Cutting what seemed like hundreds of strips of construction paper and then pasting them all together. Good times!
Disclosure: As a 2014-2017 Sizzix Design team member: I receive select Sizzix products free of charge so that I can share inspiration projects and tutorials with my readers. My designs, experiences and opinions are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchases from my links, with absolutely no extra charge to you! 🙂
I was taken back to those days when I saw the Sizzlits Christmas Chain w/ Holly Flourish Decorative Strip Die. Oh, how I wish I had this die back in the day, our family Christmas tree would have been the talk of the town! I decided to create a silver and gold glitter paper chain with a Snowflake center using the Stacked SnowflakeSizzix Bigz L Die by Tim Holtz for my party table.
To start, you will need to make a sandwich with the die and two decorative cutting pads to pass through the Big Shot. To make the sandwich stack the Decorative Strip Cutting Pad, the Sizzlits Christmas Chain w/ Holly Flourish Decorative Strip Die, gold and silver cardstock, then a second Decorative Strip Cutting Pad.
Once you have die cut several individual links, insert the flap into the slot to form a ring. Repeat steps to form several rings, interlocking rings to form a chain while alternating from silver to gold.
For the stacked snowflake center, make a sandwich and die cut snowflakes from gold, silver and ivory glitter card stock.
Stack and adhere the snowflakes on top of each other. Next, attach the stacked snowflake with glue to the center ring. Then hang the chain as desired.
Now you have an elegant Christmas Chain, great for adding a little extra glimmer to your holiday table or Christmas Tree!
Use extra snowflakes for other party decor too!
See more of my Gold and Silver Christmas Party for more ideas!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!