I love Charlie Brown! I love his bad luck, his “good grief” sighs and his iconic outfit! So, naturally I was super excited when Oriental Trading asked me to style a Charlie Brown Christmas Party for their blog, how could I resist?
Like always, I wanted to set the scene with a large backdrop. It’s Christmas, which calls for big celebrations! So I perused the OTC site to see what products were available that would be great for a backdrop. I wanted something unique but yet something that could have been straight from the beloved cartoon. I came across the Peanuts® Christmas Backdrop Banner and then it hit me! Why not create a 3-d scene utilizing this banner! So I ordered all the items I needed for my party and started my backdrop on the day of my shoot. So trust me when I say, this DIY can be done in a couple of hours!
DIY Charlie Brown Christmas Party Backdrop
Let’s get started!
What you will need:
- Peanuts® Christmas Backdrop Banner
- Peanuts® Christmas Stand-Up
- Pine Tree Jointed Cutout Set
- Fadeless® Art Paper Roll – Brite Blue
- Foam Board
- Masking Tape
- Mod Podge
- Paint Brush
- Exacto Knife
- Circle Punch (2 sizes)
- White Paper
- Double Sided Tape
Select the character(s) you’d like featured and roughly cut them out from the backdrop banner.
Using a paint brush and Mod Podge, adhere the image on to foam board. You may need to attach two foam boards together with masking tape.
Cut along the outline of the character with the exacto knife, making sure you cut through the foam.
Hang up the blue paper on the wall and hang up the jointed trees to create a Christmas Tree Farm scene.
Using a the circle punches, punch several “snow balls” from white paper and attach them to the paper and cut out trees. Place some in front and back of the trees to add dimension to the scene.
Hang up the characters and don’t forget the Snoopy Standup!
Wasn’t that a cinch?
My Charlie Brown Christmas is packed with fun and easy party DIYs and ideas!
I’m sharing how you can make Peanuts themed Christmas Ornaments, mess free!
Plus easy Charlie Brown Ornament Cereal Treats!
And even a fun DIY Light Bulb Garland like Snoopy’s!
Happy Christmas Crafting!
PIN FOR LATER
- What Can I Make with the Cricut Maker 3?
- What Can I Make with the Cricut Joy?
- DIY Dollar Tree Halloween Wreath Vintage Black Cat
- How to Plan a Halloween Date Night In with BACARDÍ® Rum and Coca-Cola® Floats
- BOO it Forward with a DIY Bubbling Witches Cauldron
- DIY Lord of The Rings Party Sign | Cricut Vinyl Tutorial
- Science Birthday Party Ideas | PBS Parents
- Liam’s Round Up – Part 1 Western Party Ideas