It’s Halloween Crafting time! I’ve been crafting a storm lately with some creepy Halloween decor! Earlier, I shared the Scary Movie Halloween Party I created for my teenage boys and today I’m excited to share a simple tutorial for a DIY Scarecrow Mask Prop with you!
Disclosure: As an OTC blogger, I received compensation and/or products in exchange for my styling and crafting services. As always, all opinions are my own.
DIY Scarecrow Mask Prop
I grew up watching the classic Horror movies and now that my oldest son is 18, we can watch some of the scary movies together. So when he suggested a Scary Movie Halloween Party, I jumped at the chance of creating a Creepy Scarecrow Prop for our party! I’m not sure which “character” this prop is supposed to be, but it’s sure creepy!
What you will need:
- Foam Head Form
- Mod Podge
- Black Paint
- Metallic Bronze Paint
- Foam Brush
- Rusy Barbwire
- Hot Glue
Start by cutting a square piece of burlap large enough to cover the foam head and to drape a little below. Tie the burlap to the head at the neck with twine. Next, brush a generous amount of Mod Podge on top of the burlap, making sure to cover the face and head completely. Let dry.
Once the burlap has dried, add black paint to the eye sockets, nostrils and mouth. I did this with my hands to give it a dirty look. I even rubbed a bit of bronze paint all over the burlap to give it a more worn out look.
Next, trim a piece of the barbwire and hot glue it to the mouth. This almost gives it a stitched look.
Add some more barbed wire on the eye sockets making an “x”.
Tie some barbwire around the neck and you’re all set! YIKES, isn’t it creepy? EEK!!!
Looking for more Halloween ideas? Be sure to check out all the details from our Scary Movie Party!
PIN FOR LATER
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!