During the past couple of months, the hubby and I have been working on refreshing our home little by little which includes a new craft room/studio for me and an updated family room! I can’t wait to show both rooms to you! But until then, I’m sharing a little DIY Home Decor inspiration with the Personalized Pillow I made with my Cricut Maker for our Fireplace Hearth. So let’s get started!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchases from my links, with absolutely no extra charge to you! 🙂 #cricutmade
Easy DIY Home Decor | How to Make a Personalized Pillow with Cricut
Making your own personalized home decor has never been easier. I kid you not when I said I made this pillow in under 15 minutes! I’m excited to share how you can too with just a few steps and the Cricut Design Space App! (Looking for t-shirt tips? Check out my DIY Tshirt Tutorial!)
What you will need:
- Cricut Maker or your favorite Cricut Machine
- Glitter Iron On Vinyl (or vinyl of your choice)
- Cricut EasyPress
- EasyPress Mat
- Iron On Protective Sheet
- Pillow Cover and Insert of your choice
Step 1 – Open Cricut Design Space on your smart phone. Click “New Project” from the Home tab.
Step 2 -Next, select the Text icon at the bottom of the screen and select your desired font. Type your last name and drag the corner of the box to make it larger or smaller to fit your pillo
Step 3 – Next, select the Text icon again to insert a second line of text for your Est. Year. Drag to size appropriately and center under your last name
Step 4 – Next, select both text boxes at the same time and click the attach button. It will pop up when you click the Actions button. This will attach the two text boxes together so they cut centered.
Step 5 – Next click the “Make It” button and the mat screen will show up. Here you’ll want to make sure the Mirror is “on”.
Step 6 – To toggle the mirror setting off and on, click the mat image at the top left hand corner. The screen above will pop up. Simply toggle the Mirror button “on”
Step 7 – The mat will now show your image mirrored and you’re ready to load your Iron On Vinyl SHINY SIDE DOWN on to your mat. Click continue and follow the prompts!
Step 8 – Once the design is cut, weed the excess vinyl and center your design on the pillow cover.
Step 9 – Next, set the temperature and timer on the EasyPress for your particular vinyl and shirt material. Refer to the handy EasyPress Settings Chart.
Step 10 – Cover the design with the Iron-On Protective Sheet and place the EasyPress on top of the protective sheet and press the Cricut button. Remove once the timer has beeped. Flip over your pillow cover and heat the backside for 10-15 seconds.
Step 11 – Let the iron-on cool and simply remove the transfer sheet.
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!