Hi Friends! I’m back with another Easter-themed project. Today I’m sharing how you can make a Bunny Pillow with Cricut and Poli-Flex Turbo HTV. So, let’s get started!
Disclosure: I was sent a sample of the Poli-Tape HTV to try. As always, all opinions and projects are my own. This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links, at no additional cost to you. #cricutmade
How to Make a Bunny Pillow with Cricut
Easter is one of my favorite holidays. Although Jesus is the reason for the season, we still like to celebrate Springtime and Easter with bunnies, chicks, and Easter Eggs. Growing up, my Church often had an Easter picnic or egg hunt after our Easter Sunday Service and I have the best memories of playing and hanging out with my church family. So, naturally, we incorporate some Easter fun with our Celebration of the Resurrection. With that, let’s get into the tutorial…
What you will need:
- 20×20 Pillow Cover (I like the Ikea pillow covers for these types of projects)
- 20×20 Pillow Insert
- Cricut Machine (I use my Cricut Explore 3)
- 12×24 Cutting Mat
- Heat Press (I used my HTVRONT Auto Heat Press)
- Pom Pom Maker (check Dollar Tree for one)
- Poli-Tape Poli-Flex Turbo HTV (check their where to by page for a distributor)
- This Easter Pillow Design in Cricut Design Space (I’ve customized it specifically for this project)
I created a fun video to show you the process, check it out below:
Now, let’s walk through the steps…
Start by cutting the design on iron-on vinyl colors of your choice. I picked pretty spring pastels to match my Easter decor. Be sure to mirror the image before you cut the design! Next, weed the design.
Place the design in the center of the pillow with the sticky side down.
Now for the amazing part. Set your Press to 265 degrees for 5 seconds. Yes, you read that right. This vinyl is low temp and short time! Now, press.
This vinyl is warm peel, so slightly, remove the carrier sheet to reveal the design on the pillow. Look how buttery smooth the vinyl is, I am so impressed with the smoothness and ease of use.
Now make some yarn pom poms or you can use store-bought ones. Glue each pom pom on the bunny bums.
Add the pillow insert and that’s you’re all set!
What do you think? Aren’t these bunnies adorable? I love how simple this project is and it’s perfect for Spring!
I hope you give this project a try and if you do, I’d love to see what you make. Find me @michellespartyplanit on social media.
Want more Easter ideas? Check out these favorites…
PIN FOR LATER!
- Cricut Printable Sticker Paper Comparison
- How to Apply Sublimation to Faux Leather
- How to Decorate a Tea Cart for Every Season
- Lumberjack and Jill Couples Wedding Shower Ideas
- Scary Movie Halloween Party Ideas
- DIY Wine Barrels – Easy Party Props
- Easy Pineapple Luau Centerpiece
- Liam’s Round Up – Part 1 Western Party Ideas