Hey Crafty friends! I’m back with another fun and affordable craft featuring items from Dollar Tree. I’m excited to share this fun DIY Card Catalog Apothecary Cabinet so let’s get started!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchases from my links, with absolutely no extra charge to you.
DIY Card Catalog Apothecary Cabinet | Dollar Tree Crafts
I recently created this DIY Apothecary Chest for Hometalk using small wooden boxes from Dollar Tree. This project is super cute and you can be made as large or small as you want. Just add more boxes and you can create a great piece for your shelf, coffee table or mantle!
What you will need to make a Apothecary Cabinet:
Small Wood Boxes from Dollar Tree
Glue Gun (I get lot’s of questions about my glue gun holder you can find it HERE)
Check out the full video step by step tutorial below:
Step 1: Pull out the drawers and apply wood glue to the sides of the boxes to make a row. Clamp until dry.
Step 2: While the rows dry, cut small pieces of cardstock in squares, glue to the inside of the drawers to cover the cut out holes.
Step 3: Glue the rows together.
Step 4: Clamp until dry.
Step 5: Paint the drawers with chalk paint, you may need 2-3 coats of paint. Let dry.
Step 6: When dry, glue the hardware to the back of the boxes (this will now be the front of the boxes).
Step 7: Paint the outside of the rows and the front edges. When dry, insert the drawers.
And that’s it! What do you think? Super easy and affordable Apothecary/Card Catalog cabinet for your farmhouse or antique decor! Check out my other Dollar Tree crafts!
I hope you enjoy this project, I’ll be back soon with another fun project so stay tuned!
Shop this Project
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!