Hey crafty friends! I’m excited to share how you can make your own Jack Skellington Oven Mitt Set with Cricut using mitts from Dollar Tree. So, let’s get started!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links, at no additional cost to you. #cricutmade
How To Make a Jack Skellington Oven Mitt Set with Cricut
I was doing my usual perusing for Halloween decor online and came across this cute skeleton oven mitt at Williams Sonoma. But it was $15.95 for just one. So of course, I thought I could make my own version for less with Dollar Tree and my Cricut machine. And to take it a step further, make it a Jack Skellington set and I love how it came out for a fraction of the cost!
What you will need:
- Cricut Machine (any Explore or Maker series)
- White Iron On Vinyl (I used Smart Iron On)
- Black Oven Mitt
- 2 Black Oven Mitts
- Cricut Design Space Project that is made with designs available in Cricut Design Space (You will need to purchase Jack’s head in Cricut Design Space) If you want to use the exact hands I used for my project, download this file, upload it to Cricut Design Space, lock the ratio and change the height to 9.5 inches. You will need to duplicate and flip horizontally for the right hand.
- Cricut Autopress or EasyPress of your choice
Open the project in Cricut Design Space, I have sized it to fit the Dollar Tree oven mitts.
Send the images to your machine and select Iron On Vinyl from the materials list (or turn the dial to the vinyl setting on the Explore Air series) DON’T FORGET TO MIRROR! 😉
Using the Cricut Heat Guide for your heat-press, set the temperature and time on your heat press.
Place the cut designs on the mitts and press one at a time. You may need to press more than once to make sure the vinyl adheres inside the quilting of the oven mitts.
Once cooled, remove the carrier sheet.
What do you think? Aren’t they cute? These make great gifts and Halloween decor! Just be careful when you use them to make sure the vinyl is on top and don’t touch your hot bakeware with the vinyl side. 🙂
I created a short video showing you the process, see it below….
@michellespartyplanit Dollar Tree oven mitts are perfect for making this Jack Skellington set! #AEJeansSoundOn #dollartree #cricutmade #tutorial #howto #jackskellington #nightmarebeforechristmas #halloween #thisishalloween #autopress #cricut ♬ This Is Halloween – Hairy & Scary Creatures
Don’t forget to follow me on social media, my handle is @michellespartyplanit 🙂
Will you be making this set this holiday season? Need more Nightmare Before Christmas ideas, check these out!
Nightmare Before Christmas DIY Potion Bottles | Dollar Tree Craft Idea
Nightmare Before Christmas Party Ideas | 25th Anniversary Celebration
DIY Nightmare Before Christmas Minnie Ears with Cricut EasyPress Mini
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cricut Cutaway Cards
- How to Decorate an Umbrella with Vinyl and Cricut
- How to Sublimate on Wood With or Without a Sublimation Printer
- How to Make a Wood Bead Wreath in Under 15 Minutes
- DIY Apothecary Cabinet | Dollar Tree Crafts
- How To Make a Farmhouse Book Stack
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles – Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
You mentioned where to get jacks head, but not the skeleton hands?
Hi there! The skeleton hands are included in the design I created in Cricut Design Space. It’s all measured for you to fit the Dollar Tree oven mitt and pot holder. 🙂
LOVE this oven mitt set, Michelle! Featuring you this week over at the Team Creative Crafts Linky Party starting on Wednesday!
Awesome, thank you Beth!