Today I’d like to show you how to make the Flower Petal Garland from our Easter Party!
I’ve had these flower petals in my craft stash for a long time, I don’t remember why I bought them but I finally put them to use at our Easter Party. I found them in the wedding isle at Joann’s Fabric Store. This particular pack also has tulle petals which I love for this project.
All you need is:
- Petals of your choice (you can also use paper circles, paper squares, paper doilies or cupcake liners)
- sewing machine
- thread of your choice (I used white for this project)
- 20 minutes to spare
You don’t need to be a master seamstress to do this project, all you need to know is how to sew a straight line using a long stitch.
To make it easier on myself, I separated the tulle petals from the fabric petals then stacked them in piles of 20. Each of my strands had 40 petals for the space I wanted to cover. I made a total of 24 strands for my backdrop.
Start your machine and make sure you have a bit of a thread lead then start sewing your petals. I spaced mine about 1 inch apart just to give them a more “suspended look” but you can sew them close together if you choose.
Sew the petals to your desired length. When you are done, back-stitch and leave enough of a thread “tail” for hanging. I tied the thread to a strand of tulle and ribbon to hang as my backdrop.
And there you have it! A pretty petal garland for your next party…you can also use the same technique to make your own leis for your next luau!
Thanks for visiting!
P.S. Was this tutorial useful? I’d love to see your comments and projects!
- How to Apply Sublimation to Faux Leather
- How to Make a Leather Bracelet with Cricut
- HTVRONT Auto Heat Press Product Review
- Squeeze the Day with a Summer DIY Lemonade Stand
- DIY Scarecrow Mask Prop
- DIY Monsters University Inspired Party Favor Bags – Printable
- Easy No Sew Harry Potter Inspired House Scarves
- A Charlie Brown Christmas Party Backdrop