This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsAtTarget #CollectiveBias
Have you seen the new Minions movie yet? We watched it in the theater and couldn’t wait to pick it up on Blu-Ray last week!
We are huge minion fans so I wanted to set up a quick and easy Minions Party for my boys and I’m excited to share all the fun details!
- Budget friendly party decorations
- Free printable minion inspired party hats
- DIY minion popcorn boxes and buckets
- Easy minion movie night snack trays
To get the party started, my first task was a trip to Target on Tuesday to pick up the Target Exclusive Minions movie Blu-Ray/DVD Metal Pak and fun coordinating party supplies.
You can find the special display near the entrance of Target as well as in the movie department. Receive a $5 gift card with the purchase of the metal Pak which includes an extra Party Planner dvd packed with more ideas for your own minion themed party!
I was able to find everything I needed for our little party with one trip to Target, including snacks! My son was so excited when I came home with an adorable minions sweatshirt, it matched his handmade beanie perfectly! Target is the perfect one stop shop for all your movie night needs as well as licensed minion products!
My son has started a small collection of minion items that were perfect for our party. So I started with hanging his poster for the backdrop and a tissue ball garland that I picked up at Target.
For props, I displayed my son’s stuffed minion that he won at a carnival game earlier this year.
I topped our cake with a cute Pom Pom garland and our little souvenir from when we saw the movie in the theater. I also sprinkled a few banana candies for more detail. Super simple and adorable!
DIY Popcorn Boxes and Buckets:
I was so excited to find some minion stickers in the Dollar spot, they were just want I needed for making my own themed popcorn boxes. I simply added the stickers to white popcorn boxes and blue metal buckets. I found the blue buckets in the party aisle at Target and filled them with fruit flavored snacks.
Since minions go bananas for bananas, I filled nut cups with banana candies for the kids.
Party Hat Tutorial:
I also made some DIY minion inspired hats for the boys. You can download my free printable HERE.
What you will need:
- Printable File
Simply print as many hats as you want and cut. Connect the strips with tape to fit your little minion’s head and that’s it! You have adorable hats cute enough for any Minions movie themed party! It is also a great party activity to keep the kids busy before movie time.
Minions Movie Night Snack Trays:
I found the cutest metal favor boxes also in the Dollar Spot which were perfect for all the movie time snacks. We filled them with popcorn, cookies and the fruit flavored snacks. They make the perfect lap trays, just like in the theaters!
I also whipped up some banana milkshakes topped with whipped cream and sprinkles.
We also filled our minion souvenir cups from Universal Studios and were ready for the show to begin!
And that’s it! Our super easy and super cute Minions Movie Watch Party! Don’t forget to head over to Target for the special edition Blu-Ray and coordinating party decor!
What will you be serving at your watch party? I’d love to hear from you, be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see your awesome ideas!
Happy Party Planning,
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!