This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #InsideOutEmotions #CollectiveBias
Have you seen Disney’s Inside Out movie yet? My little man and I saw it in the theater during a “Mommy and Me” date and we loved it so much we couldn’t wait to buy it on Blu-ray last week!
I wanted to plan a little viewing party for the family so we could all watch it together so I ran to Walmart to get the Blu-ray as well as the Inside Out toys by Tomy.
My little man was so excited when we saw my bag full of his favorite characters, he couldn’t wait to get the party started! Bing Bong is my personal favorite, I don’t want to spoil it for you but all I will say is that he really touched my heart.
The small toys are the perfect size for cake toppers, so I figured I would grab one of each for my cake and my son can play with them after the party! Win Win! You can find the Inside Out toys by Tomy at Walmart in the Toy Aisle.
Inside Out Party Ideas and Party Plan
With a few decorations, toys and easy coordinating baked goods you can set up an awesome Inside Out party of your own! I’m sharing my tips on how you can plan a fun and colorful viewing party!
I always like to start with a backdrop to set the tone for the party. I wanted something bright and bold, so I decided to print a large banner with all the characters and the movie title. I covered the tables in a bright turquoise tablecloth with a purple runner for an accent color. I made a quick and easy banner and added it to the front of my table as well as several festive honeycomb MEMORY balls!
Next, I wanted to have a section of the table for each of the characters, so I printed Joy, Sadness, Disgust, Anger and Fear on poster card-stock for each section. I cut each character out and glued it to a wooden skewer. I then baked cupcakes with coordinating baking cups and frosting to represent each emotion. I stuck the character cut out in one cupcake in each section and placed the cupcakes on coordinating cake stands.
I had fun making “fiery hair” frosting for Anger.
Since it was a viewing party, I decided to keep the sweets to a minimum and served some popcorn in coordinating popcorn boxes for movie time!
A party just isn’t a party without a cake! I whipped up my son’s favorite vanilla cake and iced it with buttercream frosting. To keep decorations to a minimum, I added yellow JOYful gumballs along the bottom of the cake. And added the adorable toys to the top of the cake.
Of course Bing Bong needed to make an appearance! How cute is he? He also sings and says several phrases!
Inside Out Banner Tutorial
Adding a coordinating banner can add big impact with very little effort!
What You Will Need:
Simply print as many sheets of the banner you would like and cut. With a hole punch, punch a hole in each corner of each panel.
Thread twine through the holes and hang on your table. Isn’t that a cinch?
And that’s it! An easy and simple Inside Out party full of color and fun!
I shared my favorite Inside Out character, who is your favorite? I’d love to hear from you! Don’t forget to pick up the DVD/Blu-ray and coordinating toys now available at Walmart!
Styling, Party Stationery and Photography: Michelle’s Party Plan-It
Honeycomb Balls: PaperMart
Popcorn Boxes: Oriental Trading Company
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!