Disclosure: I received products free of charge included in this post. All opinions are my own. This post includes affiliate links.
It feels like Harry Potter week here on the blog! If you’ve been following along, you know I’ve been sharing lots of fun ideas from my son’s recent Harry Potter Birthday Party! Today I’m sharing a fun and easy no sew project! I love crafting party favors for our guests, so when our friends over at Kunin Group generously sent me enough felt to create Hogwarts House Scarves for all our Hogwarts students, I was ecstatic!
Although I often work with paper, my first love is fabric. I grew up watching my grandmother sew, which ignited my passion for sewing. But since I was in a time crunch, I decided to create quick and easy no sew scarves using my Sizzix Big Shot. They were perfect for party favors and the kids loved them. I’m excited to share how you can make them too!
Let’s get started!
Easy No Sew Harry Potter House Scarves
Check out my quick video tutorial!
- Sizzix Big Shot
- 25″ Extended Cutting Pads
- 1/2″ Strip 25″ Die
- Kunin Eco-FiPlus Felt in House colors – Gryffindor (Red & Yellow), Slytherin (Green & Grey), Hufflepuff (Yellow & Black) and Ravenclaw (Blue & Grey)
- Hot Glue Gun
Two 36″ x 36″ pieces of felt will yield 3 complete scarves.
Gather your supplies and cut two 6″ x 36″ strips of felt.
Connect the ends of the two strips to make one long scarf by gluing the ends together with hot glue.
Cut one 6″ x 36″ strip of felt in the second House color.
Fold the strip in half and create a Sizzix Sandwich. The Sandwich for this die is – Cutting Pad, Die, Fabric and second Cutting Pad. Pass the sandwich through the Big Shot. You will now have several strips of felt for the stripes of the scarf.
Trim 14 strips of felt to fit around the scarf. The length should be about 13 inches.
To add fringe to the end of the scarf; fold the scarf in half and make a Sizzix Sandwich with the ends of the scarf facing towards the Big Shot. Turn the handle of the Big Shot until 4-5 inches of the scarf are cut, then turn the handle the opposite way.
Attach the strips of felt to the front of scarf with Hot Glue. Flip the scarf over and glue the ends to the back of the scarf.
And that’s it! Super Easy No Sew Harry Potter House Scarves for your Hogwarts students!
Add to the party fun by having the Sorting Hat select the House for each student!
Looking for more ideas? Check out all the fun details from our Harry Potter Birthday Party!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel for more easy craft ideas!
Note: The scarves made for our party were for my personal use only. They are not licensed products and are not for sale.
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!