Calling all Harry Potter fans! If you are looking for a fun theme for your Christmas Tree this year, I have the perfect theme for you. How about a Harry Potter Christmas Tree?
In addition to our traditional Christmas trees, this year we started a new tradition of a fun themed tree. It’s no secret we are big HP fans around here, so when my son asked if we could decorate one of our Christmas trees with an Harry Potter theme, I couldn’t say no and I’m excited to share it with you!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchases from my links, with absolutely no extra charge to you! 🙂
Last February we celebrated my youngest’s birthday with a big Harry Potter Birthday Party. Like all of our parties, I keep all of our favorite props and decorations to reuse down the road. Which means we didn’t’ have to spend a cent to decorate the kid’s tree. WIN, WIN!
I knew I wanted the decorations to stand out and not get lost in the foliage, so we set up our bright White Christmas Tree. We used a large cauldron as our tree stand. I simply drilled a large hole in the bottom of the cauldron and placed it between the tree stand and tree post when we were setting up the tree. I then covered the tree legs with a tree skirt, so easy!
Starting from the top, instead of a traditional star our Animated Sorting Hat topped our tree.
I filled a small glass bottle with water and green food coloring. Doesn’t it look like a potion bottle?
My son added his Snitch inspired pocket watch.
And of course we added several pairs of Harry’s glasses!
Plus several mini cauldrons!
Can’t have a Harry Potter Christmas Tree without a few mini brooms! These are actually pens, but they work great as ornaments too!
My boys have collected Wands for years, this one is Voldermort’s Wand.
And the Elder Wand….
And of course my son’s treasured Lucias Malfoy Walking Stick/Wand.
I also added other small props from our party…..
We couldn’t forget about Hedwig!
Instead of gifts under the tree, I set out more props from our party like the Tri-Wizard Cup, set of Deer for Harry’s Patronus, wand boxes and other trinkets.
I also added a couple of the signs from my son’s party toward the bottom of the tree.
And that’s it, what do you think?
I hope you are inspired to create your own Harry Potter Christmas Tree this year! Do you have a themed tree? I’d love to hear from you!
More Harry Potter Inspired Ideas….
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!