Still need a gift for that coffee lover on your list? I have the perfect last minute DIY Dear Santa Mug for you and just in time!
Disclosure: As a member of the 2017 Cricut Blogger Program, I received compensation and/or products in exchange for my styling and crafting services. As always, all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchases from my links, with absolutely no extra charge to you! 🙂
I don’t know about you, but I’m entirely worthless without my morning cup of coffee or two. And honestly not very nice, in fact I may even be on the Naughty list if Santa is listening to my early morning grumbles! I know I can’t be the only coffee lover out there feeling the same way, which makes this “Dear Santa” mug so fitting! How cute would a set of these mugs be for your coffee loving friends and family?
Let’s get started!
Dear Santa Mug
What you will need:
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Dear Santa Design
- Cricut Vinyl
- Cricut Transfer Tape
- Weeding Tool
- Burnishing Tool
- Coffee Cup
Start by opening my design in Cricut Design Space and make any sizing adjustments needed for your mug. Then click “Make It”.
Load the cutting mat with the vinyl in the machine and follow the prompts. No need to mirror this image since it isn’t an iron on.
Once your design is cut. You’ll want to reverse weed the design by placing a piece of transfer tape over the entire design and rub it in very well with the burnishing tool. Next, remove the backing and slowly remove the large pieces of vinyl away from the tape, leaving the letters. You’ll want to take your time with this step, since the font is delicate. Once you have the vinyl weeded, center the design on your mug, rub in and remove the transfer tape.
And that’s it, the perfect gift for the coffee lover who may or may not be on Santa’s Naughty List!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!