My little fella loves Mickey Mouse and anything to do with water, especially boats. One day while visiting Paradise Pier at Disneyland’s California Adventure, it hit me! A nautical Mickey Mouse birthday party would be perfect for his 3rd birthday party!
Here are the highlights of his Nautical Mickey Mouse Party!
The Details & Decor:
To set the tone, I started with the invitation utilizing traditional nautical elements with some Mickey Mouse inspired details in red, white, aqua and navy blue. With the nautical theme being trendy right now, it was easy to find decorative items to coordinate. I even found Seagulls to hang overhead for that extra touch. I also reused several elements from past parties in the same color palette to stay within my budget. I handcrafted most of the paper items using my cricut. I also learned how to make paper boats and sailor knots on YouTube. What ever did we do before the internet and YouTube?
I personalized sailor hats for each child and hand painted muslin favor bags with red anchors and filled them with foam boats, whistles, anchor tattoos, bubbles and fish necklaces.
We served grilled salmon and lemon herb chicken, baked potatoes, macaroni and cheese, crab salad, green salad, cheese toast and clam chowder. The dessert tables were filled with candy and cupcakes along with Mickey cake pops, marshmallow cereal treats and cookies made by my friends Jamie and Theresa.
Fun & Games:
Planning a nautical themed birthday party in February calls for flexibility. Weather is very unpredictable this time of year in Southern California, I needed to have a back up plan in case it rained. It rained days before the party and right after, but luckily we had a gorgeous day filled with sunshine. You can read more about the fun and games in Part 2 posted here.
Thank you to all of our closest family and friends who joined the celebration as Liam enjoyed every minute of his big day.
|photo courtesy of Brian Ortega Photography|
Thank you for visiting!
Fondant Cupcake toppers
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!