Nautical themed parties are my favorite for summer! And since July is the month for Red, White and Blue, I decided to set up a simple dessert table for the family this weekend. This may be my simplest party to date! The best part is that it cost me less than $35 to set up!
I know what you’re thinking, “No way this cost less than $35”. Allow me to explain, a couple of years ago I created a Nautical Mickey party for my youngest son and after the party I redecorated his room in a Nautical theme. So I “shopped” (ok, I raided) his bedroom for the props and reused all the linens from his Mickey party. I purchased a Coconut cake and assorted cupcakes from Sam’s Club (hence the under $35 budget). Unfortunately, the cake was damaged in transport (it was still delicious, but just a little lopsided). I already had the baking cups and ice cream cups from a recent campaign (thank you Baker’s Party Shop!). I just filled some cups with candy and popcorn from my pantry for the kiddos. And instead of making paper or fondant toppers, I melted some blue candy melts in a fish candy mold, and voila! Fish toppers! To bring in more of the beach, I sprinkled some sea shells around the table and hung starfish on the nets. Yes, mind you, had I purchased all the decor for this party, the investment would have been more than $35. But since I already had everything I needed on hand, my out of pocket expense was $34! That is why I always shop my home (and my Mom’s) when planning a party!
And that’s it! A simple Nautical Party, great for any occasion!
More Nautical Party Ideas
Looking for more inspiration? Be sure to check out some of my other projects!
Thank you for stopping by and Happy Sailing!
This is NOT a sponsored post. As always, all opinions are my own.
Party Styling & Photography – Michelle’s Party Plan-It
Baking Cups, Ice Cream Cups and Fish Candy Mold – The Bakers Party Shop
Cupcakes & Coconut Cake – Sam’s Club
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!