Hello! I’m excited to share my first guest post here on Michelle’s Party Plan-It. My name is Cheryl and I am the owner of Moms & Munchkins – a blog filled with activity and party planning inspiration for all ages. Today I’m sharing a delicious recipe with you but I must warn you that it is highly addictive. If you’re looking to shed a few pounds before the Christmas season, this isn’t the recipe to help you meet your goals. If your diet is sitting on the sidelines until after the holiday season, then grab a napkin for the drool and let’s start talking about chocolate!
This post is courtesy of Cheryl of Moms and Munchkins. Take it away Cheryl!
Candy Bar Caramel Crunch
This Candy Bar Caramel Crunch is easy to make and it’s always popular at parties. I was digging into it a little too much yesterday so I sent the majority of it with my husband to work and he said that it disappeared quickly. He did come home with a tummy ache though so I’m not sure how much he actually shared.
1 large cookie sheet
Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 1 sleeve of unsalted soda crackers
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed candy bars of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line the cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a single layer of crackers (top side up) on the greased cookie tray.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, bring the brown sugar and butter to a boil (about 3 minutes in the microwave but you could also do this part in a pot on the stove).
- Stir well, add vanilla and stir well to mix.
- Evenly pour sugar mixture over crackers.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes (the surface will start bubbling).
- Remove from oven and, while still hot, sprinkle top with chocolate chips. Let stand for 5 minutes and then use a spatula to spread melted chocolate evenly over surface.
- Sprinkle crushed candy bars over top.
- Refrigerate until hardened. Break into pieces to serve.
For more tasty ideas, visit the Easy Party Food & Family Recipes page of Moms & Munchkins.
Thank you Cheryl for the wonderful recipe! I can’t wait to try it myself!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!