Bring on the pumpkins ya’ll! Thanksgiving will be here before you know it, so it’s time to think about decorations for your dinner table! I’m excited to share how you can craft some farmhouse style pumpkins with just a few bucks. So let’s get started!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I get a small commission from your purchases from my links, with absolutely no extra charge to you.
How to Make Farmhouse Pumpkins
The farmhouse style trend is still going strong this Holiday season. So why not add a little farmhouse to your Thanksgiving table? These pumpkins are super easy to make and will cost you hardly anything to create!
What you will need to make Farmhouse Pumpkins:
- Brown Paper Lunch Bags or Kraft Paper
- Orange Foam Pumpkins
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brushes
- Hot Glue & Glue Gun
- White Chalk Paint
- Black Acrylic Paint (optional, for shading)
I created a step by step tutorial for your reference, I hope you enjoy!
Here’s a breakdown of my process…
Step 1 – Start by adding 2-3 coats of white chalk paint to the foam pumpkins. Let dry between coats.
Step 2 – Twist a paper bag into a stem shape and cover it with mod podge. Let dry.
Step 3 – Attach the stems to the pumpkins with hot glue.
Step 4 – Optional – add shading with black or gray paint. (I left mine white to match my home decor)
I love how they turned out! So many fun possibilities for you to make them your own. You can paint them in any color and add leaves to match your fall decor!
Did you like this project? Be sure to follow me on Facebook where I share lots of fun ideas throughout the day. I also have an interactive group for anyone who loves to party, cook and create, so join us! I hope you give this project a try and please share your photos with fellow crafters!
Looking for more budget friendly pumpkin fun? Check out my tutorial for transforming a $1 Halloween decoration into a cute Fall Photo Holder!
PIN FOR LATER!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!