This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Healthy4School #CollectiveBias
The New School Year Brings New Challenges
My youngest is in First Grade and this year he has a hard time getting ready for school in the morning. He tends to get preoccupied about the details of his day; his lunch, his homework, his friends, etc. He over analyzes these details so much that he gets “butterflies in his tummy” and is often late getting out the door. This isn’t new to us, his two older brothers did the exact same thing. We know it’s how they cope with change and learn to adjust.
Once he actually gets to school, he’s fine. In fact, everyday after school he tells us that “School Rules!” Now that he has survived the first quarter of the school year and did very well on his report card; I decided to throw him a little School Rules Party. My hope was that it would help ease his little butterflies in the morning and encourage him to continue to excel.
My son’s morning challenge is just one of the challenges we face as a family in the new school year. Another challenge is staying healthy. So while I was at Walmart stocking up on school supplies, I made sure to stock up on our favorite Pfizer products. I have a Back To School Survival kit that was getting low on supplies so, I needed to replenish my stock.
I also wanted to create a gift basket for my son’s teacher (which doubled as a party table centerpiece) so I picked up extra of my favorites:
- Advil® Liqui-Gels®, nothing’s faster on tough pain*
*Among OTC pain relievers. *Use as Directed
- Centrum® Multi-benefit MultiGummies®, for Men and Women. So advanced, they have more Vitamin D3 than any other men’s or women’s gummy^
^Among leading men’s and women’s gummy multivitamins.
- Emergen-C®, Emerge and See. Emerge restored. Emerge replenished. Emerge Fortified*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Robitussin®, clear cough from your schedule*
*Use as directed.
I also picked up several ChapStick® for party favors (see tutorial below). I figured everyone could use ChapStick®, it moisturizes & softens for smooth lips everyday.
Teacher’s Gift Basket Tutorial
- What you will need: Pfizer products, galvanized bucket, 12×12 piece of felt, scissors, baker’s twine, sticker, tag and misc back to school supplies
- Cut 1/2 inch fringe along the felt.
3. Place felt in the bucket and add Pfizer products and school supplies. Embellish the felt with a fun school themed sticker. Add a handwritten tag and you have the perfect “Stay Healthy” gift bucket for teacher!
School Rules, So Let’s Have a Party! – Party Plan
Are you looking for a fun and easy way to celebrate a great school quarter, semester or year? I have a few ideas for you, straight from our party!
Starting with the party decorations; bulletin board letters and words are perfect for creating your own backdrop. Simply adhere them to a chalkboard with double sided tape and you’re all set!
You can easily create your own banner with just a hole punch and baker’s twine. Punch holes in the top of the letters and cut outs and thread them on the twine. Hang it in front of your table for the perfect decoration!
Add school themed cut outs to paper fans for extra flair! Hang them on your backdrop or glue them on sticks for a fun centerpiece.
Set out apple shaped pens in a chalkboard mason jar.
Add scrapbook paper and die cuts to popcorn boxes for the snack and dessert tables.
No need to fuss over the cupcakes. Apple shaped paper on a straw makes an inexpensive cupcake topper!
Fill apple shaped favor boxes with candy!
Make your own party favors for guests! See my tutorial below.
Add vinyl to black chargers for custom place settings! See tutorial below.
Give teacher the perfect Stay Healthy gift basket which doubles as a centerpiece!
Use school folders as placemats and pencil pouches for cutlery holders. Guests can take them with them as additional party favors!
DIY Back to School Chargers Tutorial
Create your own A+ chargers!
- What you will need: Sizzix Big Shot, Laura Kelly Badge Icons #1 Bigz Die,White Vinyl & Black Chargers
- Start by creating a Sizzix Sandwich by placing the vinyl on top o the Bigz die and sandwiching it between two cutting pads. Turn the handle.
- Remove the backing of the vinyl and adhere the die cuts to the edges of the chargers.
DIY Apple Garland Tutorial
Add a little bit of fun to the party table with this easy Apple Garland.
- What you will need: Felt, Baker’s Twine, Mini Craft Apples, Scissors and Glue
- Cut felt in 6 inch x 1.5 inch strips
- Tie felt in a knot on a length of Baker’s Twine
- Hot Glue mini craft apples to baker’s Twine.
ChapStick® Party Favors Tutorial
- What you will need: Mini Composition Pad Covers, Exacto Knife, ChapStick®
- Using an Exacto Knife, cut two 2 inch slits in the pad covers
- Insert ChapStick® and you have the perfect party favors!
And that’s it! All the details from our little School Rules party in celebration of a great first Quarter for my little guy. Plus lots of fun ideas to help you celebrate!
I hope you are inspired to celebrate the little and big challenges your student has overcome this school year! Be sure to stop at Walmart and pick up plenty of ChapStick® for your party favors and don’t forget to stock up on Pfizer products to stay healthy for school!