Hey crafty friends! I’m excited to be participating in a Harry Potter Creative Crafts blog hop! Today, I’m sharing a fun 3D printed project made with my new Alta Silhouette. Let’s get started!
It’s no secret that we love the Harry Potter movie series, so when my friend Laura of Laura Kelly Designs invited me to participate in a Harry Potter themed craft blog hop, I couldn’t resist.
How To Make A 3D Printed Harry Potter Keychain
If you have ever considered getting into 3D printing, you may want to take a serious look at the Alta Silhouette. It’s a nice size machine, perfect for making small crafts. I have been tinkering with my machine for a few weeks now, and I love all the different things I can make. Full disclosure (I received the Alta from Silhouette, free of charge,. As always, my opinions are my own). This particular post is not sponsored, but I wanted to be transparent with you all before we get into the tutorial. 😉 Check out my first post about the Alta Plus HERE.
What you will need a Harry Potter keychain:
Alta Silhouette 3D Printer
Harry Potter SVG File (download HERE for free)
Embroidery Floss, Beads and Ribbon etc (optional)
Download file linked above and open it in Silhouette Studio 3D. Resize as needed
Load the filament per instructions on the screen and print! (I will be sharing a more detailed step by step instruction on getting started with your Alta 3D printer, but the Silhouette 3D software is very user friendly!)
The design took about 20 minutes to print and came out very nice! Next, simply pop off the print from the print plate and it’s all done.
Now for the embellishments! You can just add a split ring and be done, or embellish your keychain with a handmade tassel in Gryffindor colors and a small matching ribbon. It’s really all up to you how you decide to embellish the keychain!
And that’s it! I hope you found this little tutorial useful, especially if you are considering entering the fun world of 3D printing!
For more Harry Potter ideas, please check out my many other Harry Potter projects and party ideas. And don’t forget to check out the fun crafts from my creative friends!
- How to Make Cardboard Stand-Up Party Decor with Cricut Maker
- How to Make Simple DIY Christmas Ornaments with Cricut
- How to Host a Friendsgiving Celebration
- DIY 2 in 1 Fall Sign | How to Apply Heat Transfer Vinyl to Painted Wood
- How to Make Georgie's Paper Boat from IT
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- DIY Teacher Mug | Gift Idea with Cricut
- Easy Ornament Popcorn Balls Recipe
- Make a Personalized Santa Sack for Neighbors with Cricut
- 10 Christmas Party Games and Activities
- 10 Fun Thanksgiving Ideas for Kids
- Lord of The Rings Party Ideas
- 4 Fun Father's Day Party Themes
- How to Personalize Your Cricut Explore Air 2 | Uploading Custom Images
- DIY Potion Bottles - Harry Potter Inspired Party Decor Ideas
- Cutting Vinyl with Cricut Explore Air 2™ - Beginner Craft
- Introducing the Cricut Explore Air 2™
- How to Plan a Disney Descendants Watch Party
- Canela Tea & Honey Gift Basket | Recipe and Free Printable
- You've Got a Friend in Me!